The 2016 Travel Fellowship application cycle is now closed.
The ISER Travel Fellowship program is funded through a variety of sources to support the participation of young scientists at each biennial meeting of the International Society for Eye Research. The ISER Membership Committee reviews and ranks applications, and selects the final travel fellowship recipients, based on established criteria.
ISER Travel Fellowships are intended to assist in defraying the travel costs of Fellowship recipients who attend the Biennial Meeting. This will include waiver of registration fees as well as partial payment of air fare; the latter will be based upon average, round-trip coach air fare from the Fellowship recipient's geographical region to the airport most proximal to the meeting city. Travel Fellowships will be paid by check in U.S. dollars; recipients are responsible for converting these payments to the currency of their choice.
International Society for Eye Research
Travel Fellowship Criteria
Criteria for Candidates
- Must be a current or new applicant (dues paid) ISER "Young Investigator" member
- Must be a symposium speaker or the first author of a poster
- Meets the definition of a Young Investigator (See Bylaws in Governance section of web site)
- If a predoctoral or postdoctoral (PhD, MD/PhD, OD/PhD, or equivalent) student, clinical resident, or clinical fellow, must have been engaged in vision/eye research for at least 2 years
- May not be a previous ISER Travel Fellowship awardee
- May not be a corporate employee
- Only one (1) travel fellowship awardee per laboratory
- Limit two (2) awardees per department or institute
- Awards are based primarily upon scientific merit of submitted abstract; secondary consideration is given to geographic origin of candidate in an effort to achieve international representation
- Awardees are expected to attend or participate in the entire International Congress of Eye Research program
- A selection committee consisting of the ISER Membership Committee and 1 ISER Council member, appointed by the President of ISER, reviews the applications and selects the Travel Fellowship awardees based on the criteria listed above